Camp Coordinator - 2019 Camps
|Open Date||Nov 21 2018 - 06:24:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 16 2018 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Camp Coordinator - 2019 Camps||Posting Type||Seasonal|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||Various Town Locations|
The Town of Milton is accepting applications for summer camp 2019 positions. Camps are for ages 4 – 17 years old and run during the months of July and August. Each Coordinator will be responsible for a campus of 3 – 5 camps. Pre-camp prep takes place in the month of June during the daytime, evening and weekends.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Recreation, the Camp Coordinator is a seasonal position responsible for the administration, program delivery and supervision of Camp Supervisors and Leaders to ensure all activities are safe, fun and appropriate. Successful candidates must be able to work variable hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Develop a camp resource to be used in planning of daily camp activities
- Create daily activity plans in cooperation with Camp Supervisors
- Review and approve weekly activity plans and parent communications
- Ensure program plans and program delivery uphold principles of HIGH FIVE®
- Order supplies and track spending to keep within allotted budget
- Review registration numbers weekly, and schedule staff accordingly to ensure appropriate supervisions ration, including the scheduling of extended care and breaks
- Provide administrative support to camps: create forms binders, send weekly welcome email to camp families, print weekly attendance and class lists, facilitate weekly Camp Supervisor meetings
- Collect and approve staff timesheets weekly, support inputting of bi-weekly payroll
- Carry out HIGH FIVE® staff recognition program and staff appreciation activities and events
- Provide support to Coordinator, Recreation with facilitation of camp training and administrative support as required
- Order first aid materials and coordinate fanny pack program (including summers-end collection)
- Ensure all staff have current qualifications on file
- Visit camp sites daily to ensure quality program delivery
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide on-site support to extended care hours on a daily basis
- Provide strong leadership to Camp Supervisors and Counsellors
- Review and approve mid-term and summers-end evaluations of Counsellors
- Attend and participate in mandatory staff functions: training, meetings and allocated program times
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Supervise Camp Supervisors ensuring all performance expectations are met and conduct performance evaluations as required
- Maintain a thorough understanding of camp policy and procedures and support Camp Supervisors in enforcing the established rules and guidelines governing the safety and conduct of participants
- Perform all other duties as assigned in accordance with department objectives
Education and Experience
- Attending or completion of post-secondary degree/diploma program
- Minimum four (4) years experience working in a camp environment with demonstrated experience in supervision and program planning
- Minimum one (1) year camp supervisor experience
- Experience working with persons with disabilities
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Standard First Aid and CPR C is required
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD) and Quest 2 is required
- Behaviour Management Systems Training (BMS) or equivalent is an asset
- Ability to swim is required
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License with a driving record that demonstrates responsible/safe driving behavior, as use of a personal vehicle will be required to travel between camp sites
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening upon employment
Hourly Rate: $18.33 - $20.60
This position must be available to work February 19th -24th 2019 to assist with Camp Counsellor interviews and must be available to work May – August 31, 2019.
Interviews for this position will take place January 2019 in person or via teleconference.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.