Program Leader – Afterschool Club
|Open Date||Dec 04 2018 - 11:55:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 19 2018 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Program Leader – Afterschool Club||Posting Type||Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||Variable|
|Location||Milton Sport Centre: 605 Santa Maria Blvd, Milton, L9T 6J5|
The Town of Milton is accepting applications for an Afterschool Club Program Leader! Afterschool Club is offered to grades 1-6 and runs from 2:30pm-5:30pm daily on weekdays at the Milton Sports Centre. Training for this position will occur on evenings and weekends in January.
Reporting to the Afterschool Club Supervisor, the Program Leader is a seasonal position responsible for program delivery and supervision of Town of Milton Afterschool Club programs to ensure all activities are safe, fun and appropriate. Successful candidates must be able to work from 2:30-5:30pm on weekdays.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Lead activities and games as outlined in the daily activity plan and make adaptions as required to be inclusive of all participants
- Provide supervision to children maintaining a 1:8 ratio or 1:10 ratio depending on the age group
- Ensure program delivery upholds principles of HIGH FIVE®
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Town of Milton policies and procedures and enforce the established rules and guidelines governing the safety and conduct of participants with support of the Afterschool Club Supervisor
- Conduct positive working relationships with colleagues and strive to create an environment that fosters respect and inclusion
- Communicate information about the program to parents including special activities and specific information about their child, including any issues that may have arisen at the program.
- Maintain daily attendance records and keep a record of participants at all time
- Work to resolve parent concerns in cooperation with Afterschool Club Supervisor
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain a safe/clean program area including proper storage of equipment
- Attend all mandatory staff functions: training, staff meetings and site clean-ups and all allocated program times
- Report any accidents, incidents, concerns or site damage to the Afterschool Club Supervisor, ensuring all appropriate forms are completed
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Perform all other duties as assigned in accordance with department objectives
Education and Experience
- Experience working with children an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience working with children with disabilities is considered an asset
- Completion of a Leadership In Training (LIT) program is considered an asset
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD) is considered an required
- Behaviour Management Systems (BMS) certification or equivalent is considered an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR C is required
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening upon employment
Hourly Rate: $14.50
Interviews for this position will be taking place on December 27th and December 28th, 2018.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.