Senior Analyst, Asset Management
|Open Date||Apr 12 2019 - 02:54:00 PM||Close Date||Apr 28 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Senior Analyst, Asset Management||Posting Type||Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Corporate Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Location||Town Hall: 150 Mary Street Milton, L9T 6Z5|
The Town of Milton’s Corporate Services Department is accepting applications for the permanent, full-time position of Senior Analyst, Asset Management. Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning & Policy, this position is responsible for providing leadership in asset management strategy, practices and concepts as well as overseeing external funding opportunities. The position is responsible for ensuring the Town meets all ongoing legislative requirements related to Asset Management Planning and will work with a diverse team across the organization to develop policy, assess levels of service and provide strategic advice to senior management on lifecycle management and budget decisions including funding strategies.
Oversees all ongoing reporting requirements related to Asset Management Planning and develops lifecycle management strategies, financial strategies and levels of service measurement programs
- Leads development of the Town’s Asset Management Policy and Asset Management Plans, working with internal and external resources in managing project timelines, work plans and outcomes reporting, data collection and analysis
- Prepares and manages Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for the acquisition of asset management related professional services and/or solutions, including the evaluation process
- Provides direction to financial analysts supporting project work while also liaising, coordinating and collaborating regularly with assigned asset management staff in other departments
- Develops complex financial models to recommend optimized asset lifecycle management decisions relative to levels of service, available financial resources and giving consideration to various funding strategies
- Provides subject matter expertise, well developed reporting and communication to key stakeholders and senior management
Enhances departmental stewardship through ongoing education and building awareness of asset management planning
- Provides subject matter expertise to departmental teams managing infrastructure condition assessments, reviewing and advising on terms of reference and commenting on consultants reports ensuring scope of work and final reports meet financial requirements of asset management planning
- Educates and trains staff in concepts, principles, processes and procedures of asset management through workshops and formal and information communications to foster an improved understanding of corporate asset management within the organization
Oversees corporate grant funding programs that support, but are not limited to, infrastructure renewal including collaborating with Departments on submissions to external agencies as well as preparing the financial components for both the initial submissions and ongoing reporting.
Continuously evaluates asset management policies and procedures to ensure ongoing improvement and continued compliance with legislation through research of best practices and establishing relationships with relevant associations and other municipal asset management staff.
- Post-secondary degree in business, finance and/or accounting
- Diploma/certificate in Asset Management or other relevant designation preferred
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or progressing toward completion preferred
- Five (5) years experience including experience in financial analysis, budget preparation, capital asset accounting and developing and working with financial models
- One (1) year experience in the development and implementation of municipal asset management plans
- Knowledge of regulations such as the Municipal Act, the Infrastructure for Jobs and Prosperity Act, 2015, Ontario Regulation 588/17, and other regulations impacting the financial planning and reporting of municipalities
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically and look to the long term to identify issues and risks
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Salary Range: $80,465 - $100,581 (35-hour workweek)
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.