|Open Date||Dec 22 2017||Close Date||Jan 28 2018|
|Position Title||Student Fleet Labourer (Summer)||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Engineering Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||Operations – Yard: 5670 Regional Road 25, Milton|
The Town of Milton’s Engineering Services Department is currently accepting applications for the contract position of Student Fleet Labourer. Successful candidates must be able to work Wednesday May 3rd, 2018 to Friday September 1st, 2018.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Performs various duties with the Fleet garage, cleaning equipment, painting equipment, putting parts away and picking parts from the Parts Room. Delivering and picking up equipment at vendor locations. Picking up parts from vendors. Assisting the mechanics in various duties
- Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Department objectives
Education and Experience
- Enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary school
- Documentation/proof of registration as a current full-time student must accompany the application; please attach the proof to your resume or upload it under the portfolio section
- Previous experience with vehicle and equipment maintenance duties, such as: previous vehicle vendor maintenance, part store experience is considered an asset
- Minimum G2 license is required
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate/CPR and WHMIS is considered an asset
The successful candidate must have a clean driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving habits. A recent driver’s abstract dated within 30 days will be required if selected for an interview. Persons with 4 or more demerit points need not apply.
Hourly Rate: $TBD
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.