|Open Date||Mar 09 2018||Close Date||Apr 03 2018|
|Position Title||Part-Time Firefighter||Posting Type||Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Fire||Hours per Week||Variable|
|Location||Various Town Locations|
The Town of Milton’s Fire Department is accepting applications for part-time Firefighter positions. This position is responsible for responding to emergency incidents and performing firefighting duties as assigned. Please note, candidates must be available to work variable hours on an on-call basis.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Applicants must be a resident of Milton to apply and work for the Milton Fire Department
- Secondary School diploma is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively under stressful situations
- Applicants must be capable of handling intense and sustained physical activity
- Pre-service firefighter education and/or additional training program certificates is considered an asset
- First Aid and CPR certification is considered an asset
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment
- Successful candidates must undergo a medical examination as a condition of employment
- Successful candidates must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence Class “G” with a clean driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving habits. A recent driver abstract dated within 30 days will be required for those selected for an interview. Persons with 4 or more demerit points need not apply
- DZ license is considered an asset; successful candidates must be willing to obtain a DZ license within one (1) year from the date of hire at the candidates expense
Recruit Hourly Rate: 16.71 per hour
* Please note, all expenses incurred as part of the recruit are the responsibility of the applicant.
An Information Session will be held for all applicants:
Wednesday March 21, 2018 at 7 pm
Milton Sports Centre
605 Santa Maria Boulevard
A 2018 Part-time Firefighter Recruitment Package can be found at www.miltonfire.ca/en/aboutus/careers.asp.
Please Note: If interested in becoming a part-time Firefighter, you will be required to register for the written entrance test at the above noted information session; there is a $79.00 registration fee associated with this process.
Interested applicants should apply online at www.milton.ca under the Careers section by 3:00 pm on Tuesday April 3, 2018.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.