Seasonal Maintenance Operations - Fleet (Summer)
|Open Date||Jan 09 2019 - 10:16:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 03 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Seasonal Maintenance Operations - Fleet (Summer)||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Engineering Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Location||Operations – Yard: 5670 Regional Road 25, Milton|
The Town of Milton’s Engineering Services Department is currently accepting applications for the contract position of Seasonal Maintenance Operations – Fleet. Successful candidates must be able to work Thursday, May 2nd, 2019 to Friday August 30th, 2019.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Perform various duties with the Fleet garage, cleaning equipment, painting equipment, putting parts away and picking parts from the Parts Room
- Delivering and picking up equipment at vendor locations. Picking up parts from vendors
- Assisting the mechanics in various duties.
- Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Department objectives
Education and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent education and experience
- Previous experience with vehicle and equipment maintenance duties, such as: previous vehicle vendor maintenance, part store experience is considered an asset
- Minimum DZ license is required
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate/CPR and WHMIS is considered an asset
The successful candidate must have a clean driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving habits. A recent driver’s abstract dated within 30 days will be required if selected for an interview. Persons with 4 or more demerit points need not apply.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.