Cooking Instructor (Program Instructor 2) - 2019 Camps
|Open Date||Nov 21 2018 - 06:55:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 20 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Cooking Instructor (Program Instructor 2) - 2019 Camps||Posting Type||Seasonal|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||Various Town Locations|
The Town of Milton is currently accepting applications for the summer 2019 position of Cooking Instructor. This position requires an 8-week commitment that will begin in July 2019. This position is responsible for providing daily cooking instruction to camper’s ages 6 – 12 years focusing on healthy eating and basic culinary skills.
Successful candidates must be able to work variable hours, including evenings for training.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Teach daily cooking lessons and basic culinary skills
- Provide input into daily running of program
- Provide regular updates and feedback to Coordinator, Recreation
- Create a welcoming and positive atmosphere for participants to actively participate, excel and interact with others
- Provide a safe and well-supervised learning environment
- Set-up and take down required equipment
- Maintain a safe, clean facility; includes proper usage and storage of equipment and safe food handling procedures
- Report all accidents, incidents and site damage to immediate supervisor
- Establish positive relationships, clear communication channels and work cooperatively with all staff and participants
- Provide excellent customer service
- Attend and participate in mandatory staff functions: training, meetings and allocated program times
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Perform other duties as assigned in accordance with departmental objectives
Education and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma required; Post-Secondary Education or Early Childhood Education Certificate is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years teaching and/or program instruction experience in a kitchen setting is required
- Previous work experience in a camp setting is considered an asset
- Experience working with persons with disabilities is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Safe Food Handling Certification is required
- Standard First Aid and CPR C is required
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD) is required
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening upon employment
Hourly Rate: $16.91 - $19.00
Interviews for this position will take place in February 2019.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.