Camp Supervisor - 2019 Camps
|Open Date||Nov 21 2018 - 12:40:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 16 2018 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Camp Supervisor - 2019 Camps||Posting Type||Seasonal|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||Various Town Locations|
The Town of Milton is accepting applications for summer camp 2019 positions. Camps are for ages 4 – 14 years and run during the months of July and August. Pre-camp prep takes place in the month of June during the daytime, evening and weekends.
Reporting to the Camp Coordinator, the Camp Supervisor is a seasonal position responsible for the administration, program delivery and supervision of Town of Milton camp programs to ensure all activities are safe, fun and appropriate. Successful candidates must be able to work variable hours, including weekends.
- Create daily activity plans in cooperation with Camp Coordinator
- Administrate weekly trips and special guests: make weekly phone calls to confirm planned trips and special guests, collect trip permission forms and file appropriately
- Schedule weekly swim buddies and liaise with aquatics staff regarding swim programming (as applicable)
- Supervise Program Leaders ensuring all performance expectations are being met and conduct performance evaluations as required
- Prepare parent information board and carry out HIGH FIVE® staff recognition program
- Plan and facilitate day-long site specific training for Program Leaders
- Provide support to Coordinator, Recreation and Camp Coordinators in facilitation of camp training
- Provide strong leadership and mentor Program Leaders
- Provide ongoing support to ICAN (Integrated Care for Assisted Needs) program
- Maintain a thorough understanding of camp policies and procedures and support Program Leaders in enforcing the established rules and guidelines governing the safety and conduct of participants
- Supervise all aspects of the camp setting – opening/closing, set–up/takedown, inventory of program supplies/equipment and maintain program supplies/equipment
- Ensure program plans and program delivery uphold principles of HIGH FIVE®
- Actively participate in daily delivery of program to ensure quality control
- Provide on-site support to extended care hours on a regular basis
- Complete Quest 2 Evaluations for required camp sites
- Maintain a safe/clean program area including proper storage of equipment
- Hold regular staff meetings
- Provide administrative support to Camp Coordinator as require
- Provide excellent customer service
- Attend to parent concerns and communicate to the Camp Coordinator all parental/public concerns and all camper accidents and incidents
- Attend and participate in mandatory staff functions: training, meetings and allocated program times
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Perform all other duties as assigned in accordance with department objectives
Education and Experience
- Enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution for upcoming Fall Semester; documentation/proof of registration as a full-time student must accompany the application
- Minimum two (2) years experience working in a camp environment; supervisory and program planning experience preferred
- Experience working with persons with disabilities is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Standard First Aid and CPR C is required
- Ability to swim (requirement for some camp locations)
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD) and Quest 2 is required
- Behaviour Management Systems Training (BMS) or equivalent is an asset
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License with a driving record that demonstrates responsible/safe driving behavior, as use of a personal vehicle may be required to travel to different sites.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening upon employment
Hourly Rate: $16.25 - $18.26
This position must be available to work from May – August 31, 2019.
Interviews for this position will take place January 2019 in person or via teleconference.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.