|Open Date||Dec 22 2017||Close Date||Jan 28 2018|
|Position Title||Seasonal Maintenance Operations - Parks (Summer)||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Engineering Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||Operations – Yard: 5670 Regional Road 25, Milton|
The Town of Milton’s Engineering Services Department is currently accepting applications for the contract position of Seasonal Maintenance Operations – Parks. Successful candidates must be able to work Tuesday May 1st, 2018 to Friday September 30th, 2018, including shift work and weekends as required.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Assists with summer maintenance activities including; litter pick up and various maintenance activities on parks, sports fields, open spaces and boulevards
- Directs, guides and trains seasonal staff assigned to work as part of the crew
- Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Perform all other duties as assigned in accordance with Department objectives
Education and Experience
- Qualified and trained in the operation of vehicles including; tractors with attachments, pickup trucks and 1 ton dump trucks
- Minimum G license is required
- DZ license is considered an asset
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate/CPR and WHMIS is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
The successful candidate must have a clean driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving habits. A recent driver’s abstract dated within 30 days will be required if selected for an interview. Persons with 4 or more demerit points need not apply.
Hourly Rate: $TBD
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.