Drama Instructor (Program Instructor 2) - 2019 Camps
|Open Date||Nov 21 2018 - 07:06:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 20 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Drama Instructor (Program Instructor 2) - 2019 Camps||Posting Type||Seasonal|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||Various Town Locations|
The Town of Milton is accepting applications for the summer 2019 position of Program Instructor 2 – Drama Instructor. This position requires an 8-week commitment that will begin in June 2019. This position is responsible for providing instruction and artistic support to Junior and Senior Performing Arts Camps for ages 8 – 14, culminating in the presentation of plays to be performed in a theatre at the end of each two or three week camp session.
Successful candidates must be able to work variable hours, including evenings.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Teach skill building games and improvisation exercises
- Provide artistic support to Performing Arts Camp Team: Camp Supervisor, Counsellors
- Oversee blocking of scenes, development of acting skills
- Provide input into daily running of program
- Provide regular updates and feedback to Coordinator, Recreation
- Create a welcoming and positive atmosphere for participants to actively participate, excel and interact with others
- Provide a safe and well-supervised learning environment
- Set-up and take down required equipment
- Maintain a safe, clean facility; includes proper usage and storage of equipment
- Report all accidents, incidents and site damage to immediate supervisor
- Establish positive relationships, clear communication channels and work cooperatively with all staff and participants
- Provide excellent customer service
- Attend and participate in mandatory staff functions: training, meetings and allocated program times
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Perform other duties as assigned in accordance with departmental objectives
Education and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma required; Post-Secondary Education in theatre is considered an asset
- Minimum of 2 years teaching and/or program instruction experience in drama is required
- Previous experience working in a camp setting is considered an asset
- Experience working with persons with disabilities is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Standard First Aid and CPR C is required
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD) is required
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening upon employment.
Hourly Rate: $16.91 - $19.00
Interviews for this position will take place in February 2019.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.