Sidewalk General Inspector (Summer)
|Open Date||Jan 04 2019 - 01:40:00 PM||Close Date||Feb 03 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Sidewalk General Inspector (Summer)||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Engineering Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Location||Operations – Yard: 5670 Regional Road 25, Milton|
The Town of Milton’s Engineering Services Department is currently accepting applications for the contract position of Sidewalk General Inspector. Successful candidates must be able to work 40 hours per week for the period of Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 to Monday, September 30th, 2019.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Assist in preparation of the annual concrete curb sidewalks repair contract through on-site inspection of sub-standard walkways within the Town of Milton
- Conduct on site inspections; supervise staff and contractors, administration of in-house projects, such as concrete curb and sidewalk contract, concrete bus bay installations, pressure grouting of sidewalk bays, cutting of defective sidewalk bays and minor street signage projects, etc.
- Establish levels and grades, checking drainage works and general knowledge of road construction methods and concrete materials
- Maintain records and prepare reports as required
- Perform any general drafting duties as necessary
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Department objectives
Education and Experience
- Secondary school diploma required
- Minimum G license required
- A mature approach and highly self motivated team player
- Applicants must be computer proficient in windows based software including Word, Excel as well as data based software.
- Working knowledge of CAD, GPS, and GIS is considered an asset
- Knowledge of OPSS is considered an asset
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate/CPR and WHMIS is considered an asset
- A sound working knowledge of Ontario Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects as well as WHMIS regulations
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to deal directly with contractors and public
The successful candidate must be able to walk for extended periods of time to carry out sidewalk inspections; use of a person vehicle is required. A recent driver’s abstract dated within 30 days will be required if selected for an interview. Persons with 4 or more demerit points need not apply.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.