The Town of Milton is an equal opportunity employer. Check out our current employment opportunities and apply today!
Fitness Centre Supervisor (Part-time)
|Open Date||Sep 17 2021 - 10:48:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Fitness Centre Supervisor (Part-time)||Posting Type||Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week|
|Location||Various Town Locations|
The Town of Milton’s Community Services Department is accepting applications for the part-time position of Fitness Centre Supervisor. Reporting to the Supervisor, Recreation, this position is responsible for ensuring a safe and welcoming environment to all users, promoting Town fitness programs and providing individual or group training to clients.
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment to all current and potential pass holders to help them excel in their active living goals within the Fitness Centre
- Monitor and instruct pass holders on safe use of equipment and technique, and provide personal training or small group training, when appropriate; design small group class plans to meet group goals as applicable
- Assist instructors with class set-up and take down to ensure smooth transitions
- Provide a warm-up or substitute class, based on personal area(s) of expertise if an instructor is late or absent
- Provide guidance to volunteers
- Establish positive relationships and clear communication channels with all staff and participants
- Maintain a safe and clean facility, including proper usage and storage of equipment
- Proactively communicate program needs to facility maintenance staff and communicate any facility or equipment deficiencies to supervisor
- Evaluate situations for potential risks and proactively take action to address such risks; communicate any action and/or concerns to supervisor
- Maintain communication with the Customer Service Desk to provide relevant program updates and to request support in the event of an emergency
- Report any incidents, concerns or site damage to supervisor
- Enter statistical data as required
- Provide content for and update member communication boards
- Complete shift checklists including, but not limited to, repair logs, cleaning and machine safety checklists
- Ensure all programs follow fitness industry standards
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with department objectives
- Enrollment in or completion of post-secondary education in Health & Fitness Promotion, Recreation & Leisure Services or a related field preferred
- One (1) year working within a Fitness Centre setting required; Two (2) years working within a Fitness Centre setting preferred
- Current CSEP-CPT or nationally recognized Personal Training Certification is required
- Standard First Aid and CPR C
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development preferred
- Fundamentals of Fitness Leadership preferred
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening upon employment.
Hourly Rate: $16.82-$18.89
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.