|Open Date||Oct 03 2017||Close Date||Oct 25 2017|
|Position Title||Manager, Cultural Services||Posting Type||Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Culture & Community Investment||Hours per Week||35|
|Location||Milton Centre for the Arts: 1010 Main Street W. Milton, L9T 6H7|
The Community Services Department is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Manager, Cultural Services. Reporting to the Director, Culture & Community Investment, this position leads and manages community and cultural development programs and policy initiatives that build and enhance arts and cultural experiences within the community. This position provides direction and leadership to a staff team and works with community organizations and businesses to champion community connections and ensure services are available in the community.
- Direct innovative and strategic arts and culture programming at the FirstOntario Arts Centre and in the community through a range of programs, seasonal festivals, and one-time events.
- Establish culture goals and objectives based on the Town’s strategic planning documents.
- Lead capacity-building initiatives and develop partnerships to strengthen the community’s arts/culture development and to provide creative opportunities that support social, economic and cultural inclusion
- Develop and oversee cultural strategies in collaboration with other members of the corporate management team to leverage culture as an economic and cultural driver.
- Develop and manage a Public Art Program.
- Manage the relationships and agreements associated with the development and implementation of the FirstOntario Every Milton Child Every Year Arts Program.
- Provide technical and strategic support and advice to all levels of management on arts and cultural programming.
- Ensure range of programs are diverse and availability is sufficient to meet the needs of population size and community demographics.
- Ensure business processes are established and managed to effectively deliver services and meet customer expectations.
- Lead the development of initiatives targeted to community engagement and program promotion that builds community awareness of programs and services.
- Ensure strategies to evaluate customer satisfaction are in place and results are monitored to affect future delivery.
- Monitor changing priorities, trends and emerging issues, identifying areas of potential impact to strategic plans, operations and delivery of services and providing recommendations to address issues.
- Propose changes to simplify community access to Town services and facilities.
- Build and maintain relationships with community led arts and cultural organizations (e.g. Arts Milton, Fine Arts Society of Milton)
- Develop annual operating budget recommendations for assigned portfolio; monitor, control and report on the operating budget to ensure fiscal responsibility and that budget targets and service objectives are being effectively met.
- Analyze financial performance, identify and plan to meet challenges, future trends, needs, and program requirements.
- Oversee the business operations of the First Ontario Arts Centre Milton to ensure the facility is managed in alignment with corporate objectives.
Applicants should have a diploma/degree in Business/Arts Administration, Cultural Planning, Recreation and Leisure, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a minimum of seven years of related experience, including 5 years in a supervisory role.
Experience in offering a full range of community programs, in cooperation with volunteer groups, community organizations, businesses and individuals is essential. Significant business knowledge and an understanding of the political environment is required in addition to experience within the arts/entertainment sector including performance facilities, programming and audience development.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent planning, research and analytical skills as well as the ability to successfully develop staff, strong report writing, policy development and public presentation skills. Effective facilitation, negotiation, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills are also required.
Annual Salary Range: $97,152 to $121,440 (under review)
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.