Administrative Summer Student (Operations)
|Open Date||Jan 09 2019 - 09:06:00 AM||Close Date||Feb 03 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Administrative Summer Student (Operations)||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Engineering Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||High School Diploma|
|Location||Operations – Yard: 5670 Regional Road 25, Milton|
The Town of Milton’s Engineering Services Department is currently accepting applications for the contract position of 1 Administrative Student and will be working at the Milton Civic Operations Centre. Term of contract: Thursday, May 2nd, 2019 to Friday August 30th, 2019.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Various Department Filing and File Organization, General Reception, General Office Duties, some work in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Various Administrative Projects – assist with invoice processing, data entry, file updating, etc.
- Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Department objectives
Education and Experience
- Enrolled in a post-secondary school with a focus in Office Administratio
- Documentation/proof of registration as a current full-time student must accompany the application; please attach the proof to your resume or upload it under the portfolio section
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office – mainly Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word; experience in performing general office duties are considered assets
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate/CPR and WHMIS is considered an asset
Hourly Rate: $14.50
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.