|Open Date||Oct 11 2017||Close Date||Oct 25 2017|
|Position Title||Life Guard/Swim Instructors||Posting Type||Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||variable|
|Location||Various Town Locations|
The Town of Milton Community Services Department is currently accepting applications for the part-time seasonal positions of Life Guards/Swim Instructors to provide quality swimming lesson instruction and lifeguard services during daytime hours at Town operated pools.
Major Job Responsibilities
- To instruct and ensure the continuity of swim lessons, progress reports, attendance and safety during lessons
- Follow policies and procedures as outlined in the staff manual in all decision making, program planning and public relations
- Establish positive relationships and work cooperatively with staff and participants in maintaining a high level of morale and ensuring clear communications
- Report all minor and major accidents, problems, disturbances, incidents and site damage to your supervisor, ensuring all appropriate forms are filled out accurately and completely
- To conduct oneself with a strong sense of professionalism, responsibility and genuine interest in the program and the participants
- Perform all other duties as required by the Supervisor, Aquatics.
Education and Experience
- Current NLS, Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
- Current Lifesaving Society Swim and Lifesaving Instructor Certification
- Current Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Screening required as a condition of hire
- Enthusiastic personality and the ability to relate warmly to children
- Experience working with children in a recreational setting is an asset
- Experience with special needs is an asset
- HIGH FIVE Certification is preferred
Life Guard hourly rate: Starting at $13.61/hour
Swim Instructor hourly rate: Starting at $15.38/hour
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.