|Open Date||Dec 22 2017||Close Date||Jan 28 2018|
|Position Title||Seasonal Landscape Gardener (Summer)||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Engineering Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||Operations – Yard: 5670 Regional Road 25, Milton|
The Town of Milton’s Engineering Services Department is currently accepting applications for the contract position of Seasonal Landscape Gardener. Successful candidates must be able to work Tuesday May 1st, 2018 to Friday September 30th, 2018.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Maintains flower and shrub beds on Town properties
- Directs, trains and guides seasonal student crews with work relating to horticultural duties
- Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Department objectives
Education and Experience:
- Certificate/diploma from a recognized horticultural institution is considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of shrubs, annual and perennial flowers with display establishment and a specific knowledge in outdoor plant maintenance
- Qualified to operate vehicles including tractors, pickup trucks and 1 ton dump trucks
- General understanding of horticultural practices and able to prioritize/schedule work effectively
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate/CPR and WHMIS is considered an asset
- Minimum G license required
The successful candidate must have clean driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving habits. A recent driver’s abstract dated within 30 days will be required if selected for an interview. Persons with 4 or more demerit points need not apply.
Hourly Rate: $TBD
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.