|Open Date||Jan 12 2018||Close Date||Jan 28 2018|
|Position Title||Building Permit Administrator||Posting Type||Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Building Division||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Planning and Development||Openings||1|
|Location||Town Hall: 150 Mary Street Milton, L9T 6Z5|
The Planning and Development Department, Building Division is accepting applications to fill one (1) regular full-time Building Permit Administrator. Reporting to the Manager, Plans & Permits, this position provides a variety of essential support services to the internal and external customers of the Building Division to ensure the execution of administrative and operational procedures and processes. Responsibilities include: front line customer service and processing of building permit applications.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Processes and provides administrative assistance to the Building Division
- Coordinates payment and administers the processing of all building permit and by-law permit applications, from initial customer contact to issuance of permit
- Issues all permits; co-ordinates all applicable fees including but not limited to permit fees, damage deposits, development charges and septic fees
- Assists in maintaining applicant handout information packages and in designing/updating new forms
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of applications and associated approvals
- Processes all types of permit applications by researching and ensuring all internal and external conditions are met and coordinates and distributes applicable forms to other internal contacts for processing
- Interacts with internal and external customers by responding to building permit related inquiries in person, electronically and by telephone.
- Liaises with property owners, contractors, engineers, architects and other departments on matters related to permit status.
- Facilitates staff inquiries on permit fee and development charge issues, verifying and relaying information as needed
- Reconciles Building and Zoning Divisions related fees
- Provides backup to other departmental Administrative Assistants
- Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Department objectives
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Public Administration, Public Service or Business Administration; or other relevant post-secondary education; post-secondary diploma in Architectural or Engineering Technology discipline preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in a municipal environment; experience in a municipal environment within a Building/Planning Division is preferred
- Demonstrate a strong ability to read construction drawings
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, AMANDA, BlueBeam or a related software
- Working knowledge of building/planning processes
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
Salary Range: $49,245 – $61,556 (35 hour work week)
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.