|Open Date||Sep 06 2017||Close Date||Oct 01 2017|
|Position Title||Seasonal Maintenance Operations - Winter (Roads)||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Engineering Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Location||Operations – Yard: 5670 Regional Road 25, Milton|
Reporting to the Coordinator, Road Operations; the Engineering Services Department requires individuals to fill the temporary position of Seasonal Maintenance Operations Person. The position assists with winter road maintenance activities; cold mix, litter pickup, brushing and other duties as assigned. Successful candidates must be able to work 40 hours per week on days, afternoon or midnight shifts for the Winter season from November 1, 2017 - March 30, 2018, including some overtime hours.
Education and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma required and/or equivalent experience may be considered
- Applicants should possess a minimum of two years experience
- Minimum class DZ license
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate and WHMIS training are considered an asset
- Previous experience operating single and tandem axle snow plow and de-icing equipment is required.
- Applicants must also be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and have mechanical aptitude
- Qualified to operate vehicles including tractors, pickup trucks, and 1 ton dump trucks
- Ensures that proper safety procedures are followed at all times
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather
- Performs manual labour requiring lifting over 60 lbs
- The successful candidates must have a clean driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving habits. A recent driver abstract within 30 days will be required for those selected for an interview. Persons with 4 or more demerit points need not apply.
Starting Hourly Rate: $19.00
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.