The Town of Milton is an equal opportunity employer. Check out our current employment opportunities and apply today!
Network Analyst (2 Year Contract)
|Open Date||Oct 08 2021 - 04:22:00 PM||Close Date||Oct 22 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Network Analyst (2 Year Contract)||Posting Type||Full Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||2 Year Contract|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Location||Town Hall: 150 Mary Street Milton, L9T 6Z5|
The Corporate Services Department’s IT Division is accepting applications for one (1) temporary full-time Network Analyst position. Reporting to the Manager, Technology Infrastructure & Client Support, this position is responsible for providing technical support, maintenance and design for the Town of Milton’s servers and computer network. The successful candidate must be available to work occasional evenings or weekends, as well as rotational on call work.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Executes an analytical, technical and administrative role in the planning, design, testing, installation and on-going maintenance of components of the Enterprise Network Environment.
- Provides support and maintenance of Firewalls, Load Balancers, Wired and Wireless Networks, Servers, SAN Storage systems
- Develops, organizes and maintains network, server, and systems documentation
- Executes and administers Enterprise level network backup processes
- Provides network administration (user account add/change/delete, log reviews, performance measurement, file, print and storage management)
- Designs, implements and tests network changes (servers, cabling, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Performs regular preventative maintenance and lifecycle management upgrades
- Integrates security efforts, projects and other related initiatives
- Researches new networking technologies; assesses impact on current and future needs
- Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with Department objectives
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a related field
- In depth knowledge of HP LAN / WAN technologies / platforms - routers / switches / analyzers / DNS / DHCP / Wireless LAN / QoS (Voice / Video / routing protocols / network management)
- Experience in Load Balancing; ability to troubleshoot load balances applications at all layers
- Experience in design/architecting/configuring/management of complex Networking, SAN Storage, Servers, Firewalls and O365.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, firewall configuration, and user support.
- Proven experience in Windows 20xx Server / Active Directory, VMware, XenApp, XenServer, XenDesktop, Exchange 2019, HP SAN and HP Blade Servers
- Experience with TCP/IP, Ethernet, HTTP, VRRP, snmp, smtp, HP Servers, Network Infrastructure, Load Balancing and routing
- In depth knowledge of HP Networking, routing, VLANS, Network Security, Server Security and audits (PCI etc.), storage systems and virtualization technologies and concepts
- Extensive experience designing, configuration & management of O365 suite
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Aruba wireless, VOIP and telecommunications is an asset
- Certification in MCSE/MCITP is required
- Certification in VMWARE VCP, CISSP, GSEC, CCE, CCP, HP Servers and Storage ASE is considered an asset
Salary Range: $75,883- $94,854 (based on a 35-hour work week)
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.