The Town of Milton is an equal opportunity employer. Check out our current employment opportunities and apply today!
Fitness Instructor – Spinfit, Body Sculpt, Active Kids (Part-Time)
|Open Date||Sep 17 2021 - 10:50:00 AM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Fitness Instructor – Spinfit, Body Sculpt, Active Kids (Part-Time)||Posting Type||Part Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||Variable|
|Location||Various Town Locations|
The Town of Milton’s Community Services Department is currently accepting applications for part-time qualified fitness instructors. Reporting to the Coordinator, Recreation, this position delivers group fitness classes appropriate for all levels and abilities of participants. Successful candidates must be able to work variable hours including evenings and weekends.
- Deliver and conduct fitness programs following the required industry standards
- Active Kids: build classes around child friendly music, including but not limited to basic dance steps
- Modify classes to appeal to all fitness levels of the program participants
- Create a welcoming, safe and positive atmosphere for participants to actively participate
- Set-up and take down required equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean facility; including proper usage and storage of equipment
- Report any accidents, incidents, concerns or site damage to the immediate Supervisor
- Maintain and submit attendance records
- Submit all required forms ensuring accuracy and completeness of information to immediate Supervisor
- Establish positive relationships, clear communication channels and work cooperatively with all staff and participants
- Provide excellent customer service
- Attend and participate in mandatory staff functions: training, meetings and allocated program times
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Perform all other duties as assigned in accordance with department objectives
- Experience instructing fitness classes or working within the fitness field
- Certified Indoor Spin Instructor
- Hold a valid fitness instructor certification to instruct the applicable fitness program(s)
- High Five® Principles of Healthy Childhood Development (PHCD) is considered an asset
- Strong program planning skills
- Superior instructional and coaching skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Effective organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a recreational setting is considered an asset
- Experience working with persons with exceptionalities and older adults is considered an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level “C”
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening upon employment.
Starting Hourly Rate: $27.66
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.