|Open Date||Sep 06 2017||Close Date||Oct 01 2017|
|Position Title||Foreperson - Winter Season||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Seasonal|
|Department Group||Engineering Services||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||High School||Experience||1 - 3 years|
|Location||Operations – Yard: 5670 Regional Road 25, Milton|
The Department of Engineering Services, Operations Division requires three (3) Foreperson positions for the Winter Season, October 30, 2017 – April 15, 2018. This position will work out of the 5670 Regional Road 25 location. This is a non-union position that supports the coordination of Winter operations.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Coordination of assignment of full-time union staff and non-union seasonal staff, equipment, winter contractors, and order materials as required
- Responsible for the gathering of shift weather information and maintaining patrol records and winter activity logs.
- Assess health and safety issues and enforce Town policies and procedures
- Ability to make sound decisions based on winter weather forecasts and take appropriate action
- Identify and assist with winter parking enforcement duties
- Respond and resolve requests for service in a timely and efficient manner
- Carry out all shift administrative duties as required, authorize regular maintenance and repairs to roads and parks; ensure daily shift work schedules are completed
- Check and sign off respective crew card information for both staff and contractors
- Comply with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Perform other duties as assigned in accordance with departmental objectives
Education and Experience
- Applicant must have a minimum grade 12 diploma and C.R.S. certification or equivalent Municipal experience
- Minimum three years experience in a supervisory role in a municipal operations environment is preferred
- A valid DZ license is required
- Must have knowledge of all aspects of Municipal Winter Operations including roads and parks maintenance as well as working knowledge of Minimum Maintenance Standards for Municipal Highways
- Able to demonstrate solid decision making, is a team player and is customer service oriented
- Computer literate and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- All Winter Shifts including day, afternoon, midnights, weekends and holidays.
Hourly Rate: $33.92
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.