The Town of Milton is an equal opportunity employer. Check out our current employment opportunities and apply today!
Customer Service Ambassador (Part-time)
|Open Date||Sep 27 2021 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 31 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Customer Service Ambassador (Part-time)||Posting Type||Contract|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||Community Services||Hours per Week||Variable|
|Location||Various Town Locations|
The Town of Milton is accepting applications for the part-time contract position of Customer Service Ambassador. Reporting to the Coordinator, Facility Administration, this position is responsible for greeting patrons at Community Center entrances and providing directional assistance. The position also ensures patrons are screened as per public health protocols associated with COVID-19 and will admit patrons to the facility based on provincial guidelines.
The successful candidates must be able to work variable evening and weekend shifts.
- Greet patrons at Community Center entrances, confirming purpose of visit and approved time of entry
- Validate required proof of identification and proof of being fully vaccinated as appropriate
- Admit only those who are authorized to enter based on provincial guidelines and public health protocols
- Deny customers who are not authorized to enter
- Ensure patrons are screened as per current applicable public health protocols associated with COVID-19
- Based on defined protocols, record names and telephone numbers of patrons for the purpose of contract tracing
- Provide directional assistance to patrons
- Respond to general inquiries
- Complies with all health and safety practices as it relates to the work, standard operating guidelines and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Performs other duties as assigned in accordance with department objectives
- Experience in a customer service role is preferred
- Strong communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Able to work well both independently as well as within a team
- Standard First Aid and CPR is preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with professionalism, strong problem solving skills, mature judgment and confidentiality
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to submit a satisfactory Criminal Records Check upon employment
Starting Hourly Rate: Under Review
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.
The Town of Milton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code; the Town of Milton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform the Town’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. All applicant information collected is in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation and under the authority of the Municipal Act; used strictly for candidate selection.